Top of page. Skip to main contents. Skip to main menu. Skip to footer.
Inquiry
Main contents start here.

History

July 1884 Yataro Iwasaki, Mitsubishi's founder, leased the Nagasaki Shipyard, owned by the Japanese Ministry of Industry. Naming it Nagasaki Shipyard & Machinery Works, it started full-scale shipbuilding work.
1885 Completed production of our first marine boiler. Since then, we successively expanded our manufacturing to include engines, turbines, turbochargers, propellers, fin stabilizers, steering gear, deck cranes and deck machinery.
October, 1997 Established MHI Diesel Service Co., Ltd. as a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, with a capital of 25 million yen to handle the design of MHI marine engines as well as carry out after-sales services.
April, 2011 The Marine Machinery & Engine Division was established within the Power Systems Headquarters in order to achieve a consolidation of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries' marine machinery and engine businesses.
October, 2013 Succeeded and prospered with the development, design, sales, after-sales service and licensing of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries' marine machinery and engines. Capital increased to 1 billion yen and the trade name changed to Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Marine Machinery & Engine Co., Ltd.
April, 2017 Transferred engine business to Kobe Diesel Co.,Ltd , which changed their name to Japan Engine Corporation